Solar Hot Water/Solar Thermal Maintenance Services
Most manufacturer’s warranties are only upheld if your renewable technology is regularly maintained, which is why it is important to ensure your solar hot water system is serviced frequently by qualified engineers. This will not only guarantee your system’s performance throughout the year and prolong the lifetime of the technology but it will also save you money on repairs as most parts are covered by warranty for approximately 10 to 15 years.
We provide both planned maintenance as well as operations and maintenance (O&M) contracts for solar hot water systems. As part of these packages, one of our qualified and experienced engineers will attend your property to carry out a thorough annual service of your solar thermal system. We will also attend your property for any reactive / emergency repairs.
We not only provide reactive call outs for our clients signed up to our maintenance contracts but will also attend emergency repairs for none clients as well.
What’s included in the annual service for your Solar Thermal System
- Visual inspection of all pipework, insulation, collectors and sensors.
- Checks system hydraulic pressure.
- Check the existing glycol for frost protect and re-fill with new glycol as required.
- Re-charge solar expansion vessel pressure.
- Check control setting and adjust if required.
- Check flow rate and adjust if required.
- Rectify any problems that are covered by warranty.
- Faults / Materials that are not covered by warranty will require client’s approval of cost prior to rectifying.
- Check yield performance.
- Re-commission system.
- Annual service certificate issued.
- Provide service maintenance document.
Types of solar hot water systems we maintain?
Evacuated tube collectors
Flat plate collectors